The Sòcrates Educa model is structured around four main pillars:
- All students are fluent in English, Catalan and Spanish when they graduate.
- The learning of a fourth foreign language (either Asian or European) is actively encouraged.
- The academy is strongly engaged in exchange programmes (for both students and teachers) with other schools across the globe.
2. Mastering technology skills
- An efficient, permanent and innovative use of emerging technologies is a cornerstone of the EIC academy.
- Not only as an end in itself, but also as an instrument of:
- relating to other students, teachers, family members and the wider community.
3. Commitment to the community
- The EIC academy runs the ‘Service-learning’ programme, an educational community initiative, which promotes:
- Learning and personal development.
- Helping the wider community.
- Apart from receiving a high-quality education, students participate in several voluntary activities, which:
- Enrich their learning.
- Contribute to the well-being of the community.
- Through such a scheme, the EIC academy promotes a social conscience, strong work ethic and generosity towards others.
- The values of sustainability and respect for the environment are fundamental to the EIC academy, ranging from the way its buildings are built, to its day-to-day activities:
- Through the use of several green energy initiatives, including solar panels and rainwater harvesting.
- Taking a strong sustainability stance allows the EIC academy to promote an educational approach based on self-restraint and responsible consumerism.