The main goals of the Sòcrates Educa educational model are:
- To promote educational excellence, world-class knowledge, skills development and self-awareness, while embracing a diverse society.
- To combine a balanced knowledge of science, technology, humanities and the arts, while mastering languages and the most advanced communications skills.
- To actively promote physical activities and sports, both from a health and educational standpoint.
- To promote free and open thought, creativity and self-motivated, independent learning with:
- Diligence, discipline and initiative.
- High standards and a strong work ethic.
- To encourage values of:
- Social conscience
- Respect for social and cultural diversity
- Team work and co-operation
- Community participation
- Respect for the environment.
- To prepare students for living, working and becoming good citizens in both the present and future society.
The following are fundamental
- Problem resolution
- Interdisciplinary learning
- Crossing the boundaries of knowledge
Sòcrates Educa is an innovative, flexible and imaginative educational model, which:
- Places the student at the centre of the learning process.
- Forms the basis for a diverse, co-ed and multilingual teaching model.
- Is rooted in the best Catalan and international educational models.
- Is built by the community, for the community, with diversity and globalism in mind.
Sòcrates Educa encourages students to:
- Build their self-motivated learning skills.
- Learn to be a mentor to fellow students.
- Master problem-solving skills.
- Learn to work in a team.
- Develop communication skills.
- Contribute to their community and society at large.